Thursday, April 30, 2009

Live simply, laugh often, love much

Hello fellow woolsnippets... I am trying to finish this rug before summer. Spring has suddenly sprung here in St Andrews by-the-Sea [NB, Canada] - we generally go from brrrrrr to bask in a day or so, with the odd setback of cold nights. Daffs are blooming, grass is greening, and the birds are everywhere again! I had a month or so out of my life to recuperate from surgery, and now am wanting to get this finished!

This mat is to be on my side of the bed to help make me wake up with a smile on my face, despite creaks and groans. That's the plan, anyway!

I plan to do a few lines of black around the outer border to finish, but I am dithering over the wording and what colours to use. I have rehooked several of the words as they didn't show up well against the dark background. Still not happy, so any comments are welcome! Maybe it would be better to do all the words in the same colour, or each thought? The original idea was to make a big dent in my leftover woolly worms. I used odds and sods of same colour/family in the large flowers and 'flying geese' border and hit-or-miss in the top and bottom borders, but I still have lots of snippets to go. Occupational hazard?

4 comments:

  1. I'm really liking this rug. Yes, having that to step onto first thing in the morning should bring a smile to your face. NOthing like having the toesies snuggle down into all that wool.
    What a fun and lively rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful rug! I LOVE the borders! And rugs with words in them are so inspirational! You're doing a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the colors too! And I like the words in different colors as it makes me look for the next one...my eyes move around to many areas. The only one that blends into the background more than the others is the red word "love". It might just be my eyes. Great borders! This is a great mantra to wake up to every day.
    Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maureen, oh how I LOVE this rug. It's beautiful and I love the saying, along with your idea of getting those creaking bones and stiff muscles out of bed and looking down and this gorgeous rug. What a wonderful heirloom this will be.

    ReplyDelete