Monday, May 18, 2009

CABIN RUG

Well I finally finished this rug for my brother Gary and his wife Chris. This is their wedding present. They were married on
November 23, 2007 and this cabin is actually the cabin they
purchased in Vermont. My good friend Debbie (woolensails) helped me out and drew the cabin on linen for me from an actual picture of the cabin and did a beautiful job. I asked her to add the trees and the moose. Everything else is exactly the way the picture looked. I dyed all the wool in this rug except the sky which I purchased
from Norma Batastini and it turned out exactly like I wanted it to be. I'm anxious to give it to them. I guess by now they think they aren't getting a webbing gift! I have some other stuff to show you but that will be in the
next posting. Just so busy right now with so many different projects. So until next time enjoy this weather and hope everyone is doing just fine!
Blessings to all my dear friends..................Cyndi

3 comments:

  1. The anticipation is killing me Cyndi! The picture didn't come through! Debbie is a good artist and she would be great to consult with on patterns. I think that all good friends know that they will eventually receive wonderful gifts, even if it's a couple of years late!
    Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it. It sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gail, I don't have your e-mail address. This is mine if you want to e-mail me: h_kellee@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete