Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Artist Trading Cards

Some friends coerced me into making some rug hooked trading cards. I'm sure most of you are familiar with the latest craze where you make small cards and then trade them with other people. I have never done it before and was surprised how fast they work up. I thought I'd share my first effort with you. I worked in a #3 cut and have a struggle keeping my small loops straight. I am making 3 other cards on the same backing before I cut them apart from the backing, finish the edge and put a label on the back. I'm playing more on the others and using proddy, yarn and glittery threads. It's fun! Many of you know I recently went ballooning so that was my inspiration. It's a great way to use up scrap wooly worms!

2 comments:

  1. Trading cards rug hooked. Good idea girl. Plus you are experienced using the #3 cut because of the Noah's Ark Project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cutie. I've been thinking it's time to hop on the ATC train. The more I see them, the more I like them!

    ReplyDelete